A Technical Support Engineer provides customer service for computer hardware and software. They troubleshoot issues related to their company’s accounts or any other miscellaneous tasks in the field as determined by their manager.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Perform application and system deployment and testing.
• Monitors incoming cases and emails and resolves in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA). Uses available support tools (i.e. Tapway helpdesk) to assist the customer and/or recreate the issue.
• Provides level one troubleshooting. Accurately assesses the customer’s product issue or problem. Asks the user well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to the user’s responsibility to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving the problem.
• Researches customer problems/issues to increase personal knowledge and familiarity with the supported product and to provide the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades.
• The document, develop and maintain installation, configuration and troubleshooting procedures.
• Liaise with software developers to resolve technical issues reported by customers.
• Teach customers how to use Tapway software.
• Basic knowledge of computer networking and operating systems
• Any experience in project management or technical support fields is a plus
• Basic software or programming knowledge, such as SQL (optional)
• Possess good software and hardware troubleshooting skills.
• Must have own transport to travel to client’s sites
• Must be willing to work on short notice outside of work hours
• Team player and able to deliver solutions within a tight timeline.
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
• Individual who is passionate, resourceful, self-motivated, highly committed, a team player and able to motivate others
• An unending willingness to learn
• Strong leadership qualities
• Must be willing to work in a highly dynamic and challenging technology company environment.
Tapway leverages the power of AI Vision and Big Data technologies to transform the physical world through automation.
Tapway provides a platform to build, train, deploy and monitor AI Vision solutions in physical spaces in order to help eliminate boring repetitive manual labor, improve service quality & experience and enhance safety & security.
Started humbly in 2014 in Malaysia, Tapway now has more than 3000 sensors in Malaysia and Singapore, and have secured key partnerships with telcos, with many more in the pipeline in over 4 countries in Southeast Asia.